Dentistry is recognized by the Ontario government as an essential service, as such, we are open during the current stay at home order. Baldan Periodontics follows all guidelines set out by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons (RCDSO), Public Health, and the Canadian Dental Association.
The following measures are in place to ensure the health and safety of all patients and their families.
- Surgically Clean Air Medical Grade Purifiers with HEPA filtration
- Staggered appointment times
- Patient COVID-19 screening
- Non-contact temperature readings
- Closed treatment rooms to contain aerosol
- Frequent disinfection of common areas and high-use surfaces (ex. doorknobs)
- Health Canada approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Universal mask policy
- Social distancing practices (ex. no handshakes)
- Daily team member screening
Standard Protocols We Already Perform and Will Continue to Follow:
- Thorough disinfection of treatment rooms using medical-grade products proven effective against COVID-19
- Sterilization of instruments
- Single use disposable items whenever possible
- Biological spore testing on every sterilization cycle
- Universal precautions in infection control
- Alcohol based hand sanitizers available throughout the office
We look forward to seeing you at your next scheduled appointment and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.